We can help you draw up your Will as well as advising you upon its contents, based upon your particular circumstances. Services We Offer
- • Making Your Will
We can help you to make the correct provisions in your will and ensure that your wishes are carried out:
- • Draw up your Will, making provision for all the people important to you
- • Ensure that your wishes are carried out and that you fully understand the draft
- • Advise on Inheritance Tax to minimise your tax liabilities
- • Advise on your assets to ensure wealth protection
- • Arrange signing of your Will and retain it for safe-keeping
- • Administration of Estate
We can handle the winding up of your estate with great sensitivity and understanding, and help your family and friends through what can be a very confusing and upsetting time.
Estate Administration involves:
- • Ascertaining the assets and liabilities and preparing the necessary tax forms
- • Obtaining a Grant of Probate or Letters of Administration, enabling the Executor (otherwise known as an Administrator where there is no Will) to obtain the assets
- • Settling the liabilities of the estate, including all tax liabilities
- • Distributing the estate in accordance with the terms of the Will. If there is no Will then the estate is distributed according to the statutory rules
- • Grant of Probate
- • Contentious Probate
We have experience of challenging wills and making and pursuing claims on behalf of disappointed potential beneficiaries. We also deal with contentious probate cases including those involving foreign laws – especially Sri Lanka.
Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Managing your affairs in later life can become more difficult and it is wise to nominate someone whom you trust to look after your affairs, should the time come when you become mentally or physically incapacitated. Your choice of Attorney can be altered at any time, but comes into play either when you choose or when your mental health declines (subject to certain safeguards imposed by the Court of Protection).